Semaine intensive S9 par Anne-Valérie Gasc
The manifesto Disarchitectura is online !
A work of the collective Deux fois disarchitectes born during the « Homotopie. L’art à l’ère des dystopies construites » option.
Disarchitectura is a manifesto, that has voluntarily been left open and incomplete in order to reflect on an archictectural praxis removed from any dogmatic definition. Born from a constellation of ideas and images, it is rooted in a deconstruction of the notion of heterotopy as it was first promoted by Foucault. Disarchitectura is a formal counter-proposal to Vitruve’s ancient treaty, DE-ARCHITECTURA, and it shines a critical light on the mental habits which alienate architectural discipline and object up to this day. Disarchitectura is a thematized digital collection whose successive volumes shine a light on the pitfalls and holpfully promises of contemporary architecture and its operating modes. Each “story” opens up a limitless collection of exemples and references which can collectively challenge architecture to free itself from its dysfunctions. Disarchitectura lives on through free submissions on the feed at #disarchitectura or #disa followed by the chapter’s number (e.g. #disa01).
- Chaos vs urban control, dis-architecture, deforming of architects
- Anonymous building techniques & architecture immateriality and atemporality
- Climate Order
- Temple to consumerism
- Power architectures ; Privatizing public space and institutions
- Privatized architecture : pavilions, foundations & housing speculation
- Ornament architecture ? Shells or the loss of meaning
- Flows, tourist and migratory spectacles
- Space colonization : Astronomical and astrological digression
- Mechanisms ( conditioning, consumption, automated generation )